[mythtv-commits] Ticket #6440: New Utility - Jamu - Just.Another.Metadata.Utility
mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org
Tue Jul 21 15:24:32 UTC 2009
#6440: New Utility - Jamu - Just.Another.Metadata.Utility
Reporter: r.d.vaughan at rogers.com | Owner: ijr
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone: 0.22
Component: Contributed Scripts & Apps | Version: unknown
Severity: low | Resolution:
Mlocked: 0 |
Comment(by r.d.vaughan at rogers.com):
!! Jamu v0.3.7 completely replaces all previous versions !!
1) Cleaned up documentation consistence for Warning and Error messages.
2) Removed redundant code.
3) Sync up with v1.0 of tvdb_api and the new way to assign tvdb api key.
The latest version of ttvdb.py (v0.9.6 - ticket
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6242) is required.
4) Fixed a bug when TMDB does not have a 'year' for a movie (e.g. 'Bambi')
5) Fixed a bug when ffmpeg cannot find the true time length in minutes of
a video file
6) Fixed a bug in the file rename option (-MF) correcting lower case TV
series names to the series name as they appears on thetvdb.com
7) Added Jamu compatibility with or without the application of the
MythTV.py Ticket #6678
8) Remove all use of the python binding MythVideo.py "pruneMetadata"
function as it is not yet 'Videos' Storage Group aware and would delete
records from the Mythvideo table for all video files with a relative
9) Jamu is now restricted to only run on PC's that are a MythTV backend
(master or slave). This has been done to avoid potential issues with
10) Except with the "Scheduled and Recorded" option (-MW) Jamu will exit
if the backend Jamu is running on, has any Video and/or graphic file
storage groups. Currently Jamu does not support these types of storage
11) The Janitor option (-MJ) now checks if the plugins MythGallery,
MythGame and/or MythMusic are using the same graphics directories as
MythVideo. If they share directories the Janitor (-MJ) option will exit
without removing any graphics files. Messages are displayed indicating
which directories are in conflict.
12) Jamu will now restrict itself to updating only videometadata records
whose video files are local to the current host backend. In the case where
a user has multiple backends Jamu must run on each of those backends.
13) Added the detection of video or graphic files residing on a NFS mount.
If detected Jamu displays a message and exists without any processing. A
new option for NFS (-N) when added to any (-M) option string will allow a
user to override this check and Jamu will continue processing. The NFS
check prevents the situation where a user has more than one MythTV backend
using the same directories to store either video files or graphics. Jamu's
option (-M) can adversely effect the users MythTV database by mistakenly
adding videos from other backends or with the Janitor (-MJ) option
mistakenly remove graphics files. If a user only have one backend or does
not mix the Video or graphic file NFS directories between backends and
still want to use Jamu add the options (N) to your option string e.g.
(-MJN), which will skip the NFS check and allow processing to continue.
14) Added an option (-MG) to allow Jamu to perform a "best guess" for a
video file's internet reference number from themoviedb.com, imdb.com or
thetvdb.com. For accurate guessing the video file name must be very close
to the names found on themoviedb, imdb or thetvdb web sites. When more
than one possibility exists the video file will be skipped. This option
works especially well when the video file named is using Schedule Direct's
- TV series: title and subtitle or a Movie's: title and original air date
15) Added to the existing TV episode video file renaming (-MF) option. Now
movie video files can also be renamed to the format "title (year)" e.g.
"The Duchess (2008)". If themoviedb.com has no year for the movie then
only the movie title will be used when renaming. Any existing metadata is
Ticket URL: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6440#comment:11>
More information about the mythtv-commits