[mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 69fefe53e by mark-kendall (mark-kendall)
noreply at mythtv.org
Fri Mar 4 02:40:39 UTC 2011
Author: mark-kendall <mkendall at mythtv.org>
Change Date: 2011-03-03T18:40:23-08:00
Push Date: 2011/03/03 18:40:37 -0800
New Revision: 69fefe53e960f3fd8d0fcde144a44ed4e8301a05
Windows: Add DXVA2 hardware decoding support.
- You will need to download the dxva2api.h from the VLC website, install it in an appropriate include path and re-run configure with --enable-dxva2
- Enable Windows Hardware Acceleration decoder support in the display profile of your choice.
- This is alpha quality at best and this version has only been tested on Vista with an NVidia 9400M chipset (MacBook in bootcamp).
- There is no deinterlacing or other video processing support at this time.
- It is largely stable with MPEG2, H.264 and VC1 support all working though there will be fixes required for certain chipsets and codecs (just as for VDPAU).
- Most stability issues appear to be unrelated to DXVA2 and are general issues with this windows build.
- There is significant picture breakup when starting playback and occasional glitches at other times.
If you are going to test (especially if using the new windows build script), please compile a debug build so we can iron out all of the outstanding issues as quickly as possible.
More information about the mythtv-commits