[mythtv] dev filesystem

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:46:21 -0500 (CDT)

I had mythtv working on my Mandrake 8.2 (almost 100% cooker) box just a
few weeks ago.  Im pretty sure I was using the dev filesystem bit.
recently, I switched to gentoo (definately with dev-fs).  for the life of
me, I cant get mythtv to work correctly.  I can get sound, but no video.
Ive tried running it as root (as some previous posts mentioned) but no-go.
xawtv, zapping, and the avitools work without any problems.

Heres my question:
if anyone is using mythtv with dev-fs:
what version of qt?
which windowmanager/de (gnome/kde) ?
which kernel?
what permissions are on /dev/v4l/* ?
did you have to do anything different to get it to work?

and to the developer:  is there a way to get debugging info from mythtv
(ive run it through gdb and all I get is "no debuggin symbols found" with
only one error message: "VIDIOCSYNC1: Interrupted system call").  anything
I can do other than that? the command I use is: "gdb
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend"

Thanks for any input,
David

--