[mythtv] Redhat 7.3 freetype and lame

Andrew C. Ohnstad mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:18:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matt Ettus <matt@ettus.com> wrote:
> Quoting Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu>:
>
> > > lame
> > > ----
> > > I have lame-3.92 installed.  The RPM database
> shows it correctly
> > installed
> > > and it is in the path (/usr/bin/lame).  Making
> Myth has all sorts of
> > errors
> > > about "lame/lame.h: No such file or directory".
> Also doing a ./configure
> > > outputs "mp3lame enabled  no".  Does Myth
> require lame to be in another
> > > location or require the source (header) for
> lame?
> >
> > You don't need lame, you need libmp3lame.  Grab
> the source and install it.
>

> Actually, configure seems not to find libmp3lame.
> If you use
>
> ./configure --enable-mp3lame
>
> It works.

I ran into this problem as well, and I forget how I
got around it...  I can get more details when I get
home tonight and am sitting in front of my mythbox.
For starters do a 'find / -name lame.h' and make sure
it exists on your system.  I think that the default
Red Hat 7.3 install doesn't include it.

I messed with RPMs for a while.  I finally got it to
work... Now I'm pissed that I didn't document this
whole process like I meant to.  Search around on
RPMFIND for a RPM that includes lame.h.

More details to come tonight.

-=-andrew