[mythtv] Full duplex sound

Jp Robinson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:41:35 -0400 (EDT)

I've been trying, rather unsucessfully, to get mythtv working under Red
Hat 8 with a Soundblaster 16 ISA card. With the OSS/free drivers I simply
end up with a "device busy" when mythtv tries to access /dev/dsp for both
record and playback. When I try to use the ASLA drivers, it simply blocks
the playback operation until the recording one would complete (ie: it
hangs).

As my TV card is a bt878, I've tried to use that as the input source (I
also tried turning on my internal sound card and using that as a secondary
playback source) but I can't seem to convince mythtv .7 to use seperate
input/output devices, it seems to only want to use /dev/dsp or /dev/dsp1,
not both.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jp