[mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

Russell Hatch mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:17:32 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C29A37.76A4B620

I was just wondering how far people got with the TV Out on their Matrox =
G400 Dualheads since this was last discussed.  I got the tv out to work =
for the most part, I can see the X desktop (and likewise the myth menus =
and such), but unfortunately i dont get any actual video from live tv or =
watching a recording.  now i know i dont get videooverlay on the tv and =
i understand why, but i dont get why i wouldn't be able to watch live tv =
through myth since all im really watching is the decompressed video =
stream, right?  the little preview box in the "watch a recording" menu =
does work though.  I was told i need XV to get this to work.. which i am =
under the impression the matrox drivers support (im using the matrox =
drivers straight off the matrox site and their powerdesk software, btw), =
so i was wondering if anyone actually got the full screen video to work =
from myth on the tvout?  anyways, if so, lemme know how you got it =
working, thanks a lot.

Russell Hatch
------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C29A37.76A4B620

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was just wondering how far people got =
with the TV=20
Out on their Matrox G400 Dualheads since this was last discussed.&nbsp; =
I got=20
the tv out to work for the most part, I can see the X desktop (and =
likewise the=20
myth menus and such), but unfortunately i dont get any actual video from =
live tv=20
or watching a recording.&nbsp; now i know i dont get videooverlay on the =
tv and=20
i understand why, but i dont get why i wouldn't be able to watch live tv =
through=20
myth since all im really watching is the decompressed video stream, =
right?&nbsp;=20
the little preview box in the "watch a recording" menu does work =
though.&nbsp; I=20
was told i need XV to get this to work.. which i am under the impression =
the=20
matrox drivers support (im using the matrox drivers straight off the =
matrox site=20
and their powerdesk software, btw), so i was wondering if anyone =
actually got=20
the full screen video to work from myth on the tvout?&nbsp; anyways, if =
so,=20
lemme know how you got it working, thanks a lot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Russell=20
Hatch</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C29A37.76A4B620--