[mythtv] good ir receiver for mythtv

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:08:22 -0800

On 30 Nov 2002 at 10:03, Jeremy Oddo wrote:

> The WinampRemote looks like it could be cool, but I have a two questions
> (hoping someone has some answers!):
> 1.  What's the signal distance.  Is it greater than 10 feet?

dunno about the winamp remote but the packard bell unit is nominally 15 feet.
In my tests with it, that is quite accurate, it even worked fine with a 40w
light 2 feet away(and above) the receiver.

> 2.  Can LIRC talk to two serial ports (ie: can I have the WinampRemote on one
> serial port for receiving, and the ACTiSYS on another port for transmitting)?
Yes, came across that info while browsing the lirc list archives. It can
either have a transmitter on one port and the receiver on the other or a use
a single combo device on one port.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting