[mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

Thor Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:17:55 -0500

Question... does this mean I can use the framebuffer (no XV support) now
without
too many problems?

Unfortunately, my nVidia card & the nVidia soundchip are using (not sharing)
the same IRQ, so I end up being able to use Audio or Accelerated Video --
the fb
works with audio ok...

Where is CVSroot for myth?

TIA,
Thor Johnson

PS.  Anyone have advice for a cheapo USB sounddevice?  I'm thinking about
the iMic,
but am interested in others (Audigy sounds expensive :/).

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net
[mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 12:49 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: Re: [mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 10:46:22AM -0500, Russell Hatch wrote:
> Ray, just as a clarification, did you actually get MythTV running under
the
> fbdev setup with the mirroring using matroxset?

Yes.  I'm still having some odd problems with finding a modeline that looks
really good on my tv but Myth looks just like every other program.

> It would seem to me that this will not work since myth requires xv, right?

That was what I was getting at earlier, every program I've tried that uses
xv works just fine using using this setup.  I can, for example, also do
mplayer -vo xv.

>  i have a Millenium G400 DH and i managed to clone the monitor using the
> matrox drivers and powerdesk, but as i said before, you still cant get
> video on the tv due to it being unable to scale the image.  It seems like
> there are a couple ways to actually mirror the image and get the desktop
> on the tv, but i dont think ive seen one person yet say that they actually
> managed to get myth fulling working with the tv out.

Here's the relivent snippet from my startup script:

        cd /usr/src/vidcap/mplayer/MPlayer-0.90pre9/TVout
        ./modules
        matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 3
        matroxset -f /dev/fb0 2

--