[mythtv] USB tv tuner with mpg2 compression

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:39:58 -0500

On Friday 06 December 2002 06:15 am, kevin thayer wrote:
> I saw this mentioned earlier, but it died a quick
> death and Isaac mentioned that he wasn't particularly
> interested in usb devices (Isaac, would you mind
> mentioning why?)

Well, those WinTV USB PVR cards go for almost $200.  You can buy something
like an XP 1700+, 256MB of DDR ram, and a motherboard and get better
quality/higher compression for about that much.  Which is more useful? =)  If
they were closer to $50, and you could hook up 4 of them, then I'd be
interested.  But you can't, so...

Isaac