[mythtv] Illegal Operation (debian stable)

Mark D Vaughn mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:22:34 -0800

> From: Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
> To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
> Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:35:08 -0500
> Subject: Re: [mythtv] Illegal Operation
(debian stable)

Vaughn wrote:

> > my mistake, the error is "Illegal instruction".
> >

> I'm 99% percent postitive that it is a k6-2, I pulled it out of a sealed

box.  Maybe debian has other ideas...  I'll append the contents of

/proc/cpuinfo

> My confusion; I thought a K6-2 was an i686, but it's an
i586 with mmx.  So,
> you need to rebuild mythtv with -march=i585 instead of
-march=i686.  Add

http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088/~mdz/debian woody mythtv

> apt-get
update
> apt-get source mythtv
> cd mythtv-0.7
> edit settings.pro and
change the flags at the bottom
> dpkg-buildpackage -b
>
> And then install
the resulting .deb files with dpkg --install.

Matt,

Thanks for your help
so far.

I added the deb source path to my sources.list file.

When I run
the command "apt-get source mythtv" I run into trouble.  This is
the first
time I've compiled from source on debian and appreciate your help
and
patience.

zoot:~# apt-get source mythtv
Reading Package Lists...
Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Need to get 1356kB of source
archives.
Get:1 http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu woody/mythtv mythtv 0.7-12 (dsc)
[420B]
Get:2 http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu woody/mythtv mythtv 0.7-12 (tar)
[1347kB]
Get:3 http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu woody/mythtv mythtv 0.7-12 (diff)
[8199B]
Fetched 1356kB in 5s (252kB/s)
sh: dpkg-source: command not
found
Unpack command 'dpkg-source -x mythtv_0.7-12.dsc' failed.
E: Child
process failed
zoot:~#