[mythtv] improving quality of capture/playback - with two video cards

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
06 Dec 2002 19:50:06 +0000

--=-s3eJ2E0+UJVLIzheFtc8

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 17:36, Larry Matter wrote:
> > I have an HD TV and It makes 1024x768 (It has
> > PC-VGA input)
>=20
> This is interesting.  In thinking about this issue, it occured to me that
> a big part of the problem is "dumbing down" the signal to TV
> (under/overscan, etc).  Why not just buy a really nice monitor instead
> trying so hard to get it to look good on a TV?  Of course, I know a big
> monitor is a lot of money, but if you are in the market for a new big
> screen or whatever, maybe this is the way to go.  Obviously not for
> everybody...

I had the same thoughts, as well.
I'm thinking of replacing my 17" CRT with an LCD (which will mean
finances are limited for mythtv). (My TV is only 14" at the minute so
17" would be an improvement.)

I've put two cards in my more powerful box, with two monitors attached.
I'm having trouble finding documents on configuring the two cards. I'm
imagining that each video card would run it's own X-Server.=20

I don't understand how the keyboard would work....

... hopefully someone can fill the gaps in my knowledge here.

(Still as far as having MythTV installed - but not having managed to get
it into permanent use)

--=20
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dvindex&search=
=3Dadam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk

--=-s3eJ2E0+UJVLIzheFtc8

--=-s3eJ2E0+UJVLIzheFtc8--