[mythtv] improving quality of capture/playback - with twovideo cards

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:21:19 +0100

Van: Mr. Adam ALLEN <adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk>

>I'm thinking of replacing my 17" CRT with an LCD (which will mean
>finances are limited for mythtv). (My TV is only 14" at the minute so
>17" would be an improvement.)

You should know that watching video on a LCD is a PITA. You see every
pixel. On CRTs pixels are blurred. For example on my old P100 with a 1MB
video card and 15" CRT, the game Riven looks absolutely fabulous. On my new
XP2000+ with GF4MX420 and 1024x768 15" LCD it looks gory. The sky in the
game seems to be divided in color "blothes" with easy to see blocky
boundaries. My LCD is setup twice as far from the viewer than my CRT.

	Henk Poley <><