[mythtv] mythmusic w/o id3 and setting to limit how often rereads dir

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 10:09:21 -0500

On Saturday 07 December 2002 08:15 am, David Watson wrote:
> > I don't have ID3 tags on most of the 2000+ mp3 files that I've ripped
> > from my wife and my CDs.
>
> Another possibility would be to use the MusicBrainz library to identify the
> mp3 files.  The downside is that it adds a network fetch for each file, the
> upside is that you don't have to configure the directory structure.  I've
> already hacked my copy of mythmusic to use this for CD lookups to get
> around several obscure CDs I have.  The MusicBrainz library was very easy
> to work with.

Well, I was hoping to remove the dependency on libcdaudio at some point by
absorbing its freedb support..  I don't really want to add yet another
dependency, and besides, the MB server doesn't have enough tracks in the
database to make it worthwhile at this point in time, really.

Isaac