[mythtv] no video with mythtv

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 19:29:42 -0800

On 7 Dec 2002 at 18:21, Emil Friis wrote:

> Damn... I guess I should never put any promises like that
> into writing :-)

Heh!

> yourself. Neither of my two cards seemed to support btaudio
> (AverTV Stereo and Pinnacle PCTV), so I ended up enabling
Seems to me that some of the Avermedia cards DO support btaudio.

> the line in on that together with my Creative Ensoniq PCI as
> the main sound card.
I'd considered enabling my onboard VIA audio in addition to my sblive, but
that would have other issues, like get the sound from the onboard audio to my
speaker system. I have the original Creative desktop theatre 5.1 speaker
system so this would have resulted in a (larger) cabling nightmare.

> This worked fine except that some of the lower numbered
> channels (approx. 4 - 6) were really bad quality. After that
I get that problem too, but in actual fact I've had that problem from as far
back as I can remember (like 3 or 4 years)

> I saw the MJPEG support was moving forward so I bought an
> Iomega Buz and I am just setting up an AMD t-bird 900 MHz
> with Gentoo to see if that will be good enough to use with
> hardware encoding.
I'll be interested in hearing your results as I have a miro dc10+ and a dc30
sitting that could be put to good use.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting