[mythtv] X10 MouseRemote for Linux

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:18:04 -0800

On 9 Dec 2002 at 15:03, misleb@onshore.com wrote:

> All this talk about remotes has got me thinking. I was initially going
> to get one of those pack bell remotes for a few bucks. But then I
> realized that I only have one serial port! I am also going to need an IR
> transmitter to change channels on a cable box.

Get a serial to usb adaptor or use a pci multiport serial card.

ex's

http://www.lavalink.com/products/serial/prod_dserial_pci.html

The lava cards have had support in the kernel since 2.2.x days

This

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/remote/

is another usb remote with longtime linux support.

and this

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19W/

is a serial to usb adaptor, also with longtime linux support.

> Are there any USB IR transmitters?
Definatly, whether they are supported under linux is a whole other matter.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting