[mythtv] Why won't PERL install?

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 06:56:10 -0800

On 12 Dec 2002 at 0:30, Nathan Ziarek wrote:

> I followed the instructions perfectly from the HowTos, but on the XMLTV
> installation part, I am having trouble. It keeps quitting on me, telling
> me it can't find perl located in something like
> /usr/bin/xxxxxxxxxx-5.8.0xxx/PERL.h

try urpmi perl-devel and see if it works for you now.  You also might want to
go to mandrake update and download all current updates (normal, bugfix and
security)

> Any help getting perl installed? What am I doing wrong...?

More often than not, you have to install the -devel version of a package when
compiling software that relies on the package.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting