[mythtv] voodoo 3500 (very newbie)

Bertus mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:18:14 -0600

It seams like voodoo is quite a hot nail to grabb on....you might want to
check this out:   http://v3tv.sourceforge.net/install.php

Those drivers are not totally stable and have some issues...but they seams
usable base on what they say here: http://v3tv.sourceforge.net/index.php

I read (in Spanish) that Linux 2.4 has support for that card so I don't know
if those drivers will be a real solution.

I don't know if redhat kernel comes with I2C, V4L, etc compiled, if not
check this: http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/Compiling_Kernels

That should explain how to get the Kernel recompile, and it is always a good
idea to do it anyhow. Just make sure that you have I2C, V4L and the driver
for your car compiled into the kernel or as module.

If you need more info try: http://www.google.com/linux?q=voodoo+3500

That's the furthest I can go cause I have no voodoo here!  ;-)

Roberto

P.S.: Have patience and research a lot...that's how you can get arround
linux...the answers for every question are usually out there...  and
google.com/linux might be a really good friend to find them.