[mythtv] BTAudio / Alsa on nForce

Thor Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:43:39 -0500

>> >I have alsa working on a nforce (asus) board, with the built in sound
>> >card. Works fine. Have not done anything with BTAudio.
>>
>> Hrm... what chipset do you have? Does it have the D (DD encoding under
>> Windows, useless under Linux)?
>
>nforce 415-D here (abit nv7-133r), works perfectly with alsa (and the
kernel
>driver, for that matter).

Vewy Vewy interesting.  Under Windows, did the Asus support remapping the
jacks
(on this one, you could set it for 5.1 output - Line Out = FrontLR, LineIn=
RearLR,
and Mic could become the Center + .1 output)?  I wonder what beastie has
gotten
into my little box... (other than it needs something faster than a Duron
700).

What does ALSA provide to MythTV that OSS doesn't?
Would it be worth me trying to make a patch?

OTOH... it looks like the OSS driver isn't letting me record either :(

TIA,
Thor Johnson