[mythtv] Is it possible to install mythtv to a PC without a TV card and use as a "client"

Randy Page mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:55:41 -0700

On Friday 13 December 2002 07:39 pm, Christopher Mind wrote:

> MyThTV doesnt have to encode decode If I can use the client PC to decode

True.  But this is the way that it is currently done, so (currently) putting
the storage on a network share would have the disadvantages I mentioned.  And
having the client do the decoding would up the ante in terms of the
hardware/disk space required by the client.  I'd rather have the ability to
use a thin client than a fat one, say something like movix. (movix.sf.net).

Randy