[mythtv] Success !! playback of mythtv videofiles accross 100 mbps network

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:12:32 -0500

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 04:50:31AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Saturday 14 December 2002 04:27 am, Henk Poley wrote:
> > > Van: Christopher Mind <sanandres1160@hotmail.com>
> > >
> > > I disabled on main.cpp the option to call tv_watch_live so I dont make
> > > the mistake of switching to live tv on the client PC.
> > > [..]
> > > Basically a mythtv without the live TV function.
> >
> > Something to become a new configure option anyone?
>
> There's really not much of a point to that, as remote playback (and remote
> live-tv, for that matter) is already available in CVS.

And besides, all of this is possible with 0.7 without any source code
modifications.  Just don't try to watch Live TV from two instances at the
same time using the same ring buffer.

--
 - mdz