[mythtv] playing rtjpeg files in mplayer not working?

Dean Mao mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:11:49 +0000

I'm not exactly sure why this is since mplayer supports the nupplevideo
codec, but I can't seem to play any of the recorded *.nuv files for some
reason.  It plays perfectly fine in the mythfrontend, but doesn't play if I
use a third party player.  When I use mplayer, it says: "Sorry, this file
format is not recognized/supported". (using the latest cvs mplayer)  Also,
if I try to use the nuvplay from the NuppleVideo reference distribution,
this is the output that I get:

catch23@dino:/var/lib/mythtv$ nuvplay 7_20021212190000_20021212193000.nuv
nuppelvideo file with w=480 and h=480 and fps=29.970000
frames=53882 realframes=53882 effdsp=32013.61
Segmentation fault

It seems like the header is intact, but nothing works...  Anyone have any
ideas?

Dean