[mythtv] RedHat 8.0 and hardware questions.

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:48:04 -0500

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 02:48:05PM -0600, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:

> Both drives are on the same Maxtor/Promise ATA133 card, but on separate
> controller interfaces. I actually don't have any part of MythTV (program
> or live spool) in the mirrored partition. That all sits in a partition
> within the remaining 40G non-mirrored portion of the bigger drive. Based
> on this, do you think my software RAID setup would actually have any
> performance-slowing affect on Myth?

If you're not using that RAID-1 volume for video, then why did you give your
hdparm statistics for that device?  MythTV will be doing 99% of its I/O
reading and writing video data.

> Is there a way to test write speed with hdparm to specific partitions?
> '-t' is a read check only, correct?

Not with hdparm.

--
 - mdz