[mythtv] "Strange Error Flushing Buffer" problem

Richard Bowman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
16 Dec 2002 23:14:36 -0500

After reading all of the archives and trying a number of things, I'm
still getting this "strange error flushing buffer" problem. Myth will
run now for about 15 seconds in Live TV mode (I am able to pause and
unpause TV during this time) before dying in a series of

VIDIOCSYNC0: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC1: Invalid argument

lines repeating over and over again (after this, the whole system is
fairly unstable; typically no other programs will start without
faulting). I don't think the error is because of my sound card because I
tried a SB PCI 16 which I saw recommended as a good solution for people
with on-board sound and still cannot get any farther than this.

I'm using release 0.7 on RedHat 8 (NVidia GF2MX with latest drivers,
Athlon XP 1800+)

Is anyone aware of any other situations beside the sound card that would
cause this "Strange error flushing buffer" problem?? This is really a
project I'd like to contribute, but I need to get past this show stopper
and get the thing working well on my machine.

Richard Bowman <richard@bowmansoft.com>