[mythtv] I want a Clear Picture

Chris Stratton mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:59:38 -0800 (PST)

I have got myth up and running. I added a link for DVD. Recording shows
works ... everything works...

Except a clear picture for TV...DVD looks great.

Here are my specs:(Information overkill ... but people are wondering
what to use)
Athlon-xp 2100,512MB,80GB 7200 8MB cache(Mythdrive),40 GB 2MB
cache(OS),
Pinnacle PCTV, GeForce2 Graphics card

My graphics card has no out other than monitor so I am using TVIEW Gold
Scan Converter.

DVD looks great. So I think I can rule out graphics card and Scan
converter leaving cature card...

So my question is Is anyone using a Pinnacle PCTV card and getting a
clear picture? What settings or adjustments should I be looking at?

The picture appears to be pixelated, washed out and a little fuzzy. It
appears that way on both the monitor and the TV.