[mythtv] REQ: Help me with my shopping list

Michael Peay mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:05:30 -0800

I've been having a lot of fun getting MythTV working on an older system
and am now working on building (IMHO) the perfect MythTV box. I'm
hoping that the more experienced MythTV users and developers can help
me out with my shopping list.

Case: microATX with 2 or more full PCI slots
       http://www.baber.com/cases/mpe_dk7.htm
       http://store.yahoo.com/directron/d500n.html
Motherboard: microATX
       ASUS, probably
CPU: * (see below)
RAM: 256M PC2100 DDR
HD: Seagate Barracuda IV 80G (ST380021A)
Video: Geforce256 32M DDR w/S-VIDEO or onboard
Tuner #1: AVerTV Studio
Tuner #2: AVerTV Studio (or other?)

* The real trick is picking the motherboard and CPU so that I can
record two shows at once or record one show and watch live TV. Is there
anyone doing this? What do you have? Is it cutting it?

Keep in mind this is for MythTV only so I'd rather not over-engineer it.

Thanks,
   --Mike

 Michael Peay              mike@peay.us
           http://www.peay.us