[mythtv] Feature request: record audio at < 32000

Christopher Mind mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:42:23 +0000

For those of us with slower machines.  I am using mythtv .7 and recording at
22050 and it works well.  Tried the CVs yesterday but it segfaults on live
tv and watching recorded movies.  It will segfault live tv after a few
seconds of watching video that has skipping audio and frames.  Is this a
sound issue?  The setup program does not allow me to use a setting less than
32000 for audio.  Also I dont know if anybody else is having problems with
MythTV and the alsa drivers (latest release).   Even If I select the Line in
as recording source, I get no recorded audio.  XawtV works fine so Line in
must be ok.  The only fix I did was to use the built in cs46xx driver
instead.  Using this driver, I can record using the line in as recording
source.  My Hardware is Abit VH6 II with 1 Ghz P3 and Santa Cruz Sound Card.
   I seem to recall in the past trying mp1e and ffmpeg and they both had the
same problem except when i specified on the command line the recording
source.  Thanks