[mythtv] "Strange Error Flushing Buffer" problem

Richard Bowman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 12:04:55 -0500

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 11:00, Ray wrote:
> Good post!, just adding a side note.
>
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 04:21:24PM -0800, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> >
> > Typically you want to place your higher priority cards (ie high i/o bandwidth
> > using) in the lower numbered pci slots, most motherboards have the highest
> > priority slot closest to the agp slot.
>
> Traditionally devices connected to higher priority IRQs (which may or may
> not be assigned to the lower number slots) get first dibs on the processor.
> Also traditionally (but I doubt it still phisically works this way) thie
> interrupt controller was actually 2 interrupt controllers with one slaved
> off of the other, a bit like plugging one power strip into another.  This
> slaving was off of IRQ2 so the interrupt priority went like this:
>
> 0, 1, 2&9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
>
> I don't know if modern interrupt controllers still emulate this behavior for
> compatability reasons or not though.

I placed the TV Wonder card in the top PCI slot. It was assigned its
own IRQ (5), but nothing has changed. The same error still occurs. I'm
looking into upgrading the BIOS on this board; it was one of the
early Athlon boards.

Richard