[mythtv] xmltv or mythfilldatabase problem

Andrew J Albinger mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:36:13 -0600

I seem to be having problems getting the channel logos with mythfilldatabase.
I'm not sure weather it is an xmltv problem or a mythfilldatabase problem.
(or something else completely)

I snagged a copy of the temp file that xmltv pulls down  and have included the
header and an example of the icon info for 1 station.

<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv date="10:40:59 on Dec 18, 2002" source-info-url="http://www.zap2it.com" sour
ce-info-name="Zap2It" source-data-url="http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/textall.asp
" generator-info-name="tv_grab_na V2.20021128" generator-info-url="http://www.so
urceforge.net/projects/xmltv">

snip....

 <channel id="52 SCIFI">
    <display-name>Channel 52 SCIFI</display-name>
    <icon src="/tms_network_logos/scifi_30.jpg " />
  </channel>

rest deleted...

I added a debug line to fildata.cpp like this:

                QString command = QString("wget ") + (*i).iconpath;
cerr << command << "\n";
                system(command);

The important part of the output from mythfilldatabase looks like this:

wget /tms_network_logos/scifi_30.jpg
/tms_network_logos/scifi_30.jpg: Unsupported scheme.

So is xmltv returning something invalid, or does mythfilldatabase need to
expand the URL before calling wget?

The other thing that struck me is that it might be nice to have
mythfilldatabase optionally insert a default channel logo if it is
unable to grab the real one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Andrew