[mythtv] MythMusic and Windows Media Audio (WMA)

Kevin Bowen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 20:04:58 -0800

>I don't like to listen to overcompressed music =)

Nor do I, which is why I'm interested in adding support for MPC (highest
quality lossy codec) and APE (lossless like FLAC, but better compression
ratio and better meta data)... my XMMS idea would kill all those birds
with one stone, and provide several other side benefits... benefits
which would only be appreciated by audiogeeks like me, so I understand
if you're not enthusiastic about making a structural change like this
for something that most people would never care about, and would make
setup more complex (require people to have XMMS installed/configured).
Like I said though, it seems like it would be easy enough to do that
even I should be able to figure it out after spending some time poking
around the code, so I'll probably look into it, and if nobody else likes
it, I'll just keep it to myself (yay opensource!)