[mythtv] ATI? Hauppauge? Matrox? Aver? USB? Pinnacle?

Colin Panisset mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:42:38 -0800

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 23:19, John spake thus:
> Hi,
>
> Which capture cards are best?  Seems like I can get a Matrox G200 TV for
> around $40, a Pinnacle for $50, Hauppauge for similar, etc. but which to
> choose?  Pinnacle doesn't do record while playing back another right?
>
> Even thought of coughing up the big bucks for a USB model (like Pinnacle)
> since it has h/w Mpeg2 built-in and would relieve load off CPU.  I just
> don't know.  What works for you?
>
> Thanks,
> John

I had a Pinnacle PlayTV Pro, and bought an old Matrox in preference, because
the G200 has hardware MJPEG, while the Pinnacle didn't.

Now I'm just jumping through the hoops of actually getting the Matrox card
to work properly...

  -- C.