[mythtv] WinTV GO and btaudio... no sound

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
20 Dec 2002 10:47:12 -0600

Has anyone had any luck with a WinTV GO 190 and btaudio?

I've been unable to get decent sound using the loopback cable and my
onboard soundcard line-in, so I thought this may be a better option. It
would be nice if I didn't need to add a "real" soundcard to this box.

Here's the output from when I load the btaudio driver.

btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:0b.1, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio:
0xed800000
btaudio: using card config "default"
btaudio: registered device dsp1 [digital]
btaudio: registered device dsp2 [analog]
btaudio: registered device mixer1

Here's the text output from aplay.

% aplay /dev/dsp2
Playing raw data '/dev/dsp2' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

I've attempted to tweak every setting in kmix. kmix shows 3 lines for
the bt878, but nothing I do seems to make any sound actually play.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-j