[mythtv] Problems w/ sound... also channel change.

Thor Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:05:19 -0500

>nforce chipset ( investigaed and found that the nvaudio driver is just
>i810_audio)

>Also having a problem changing channels watching live tv.  It seems to
>just freeze up.   It wasn't
>doing this before, so I am wondering if it is a setting on my part.

Quick tips:
  1. Get the latest CVS alsa
  2. Make sure APIC or whatever-it-is in the bios is turned off
      (on my nForce, it caused a lockup after a random amt of time)
  3. On mine, I had to make sure Recording1 was set to record, unmuted,
      and had some volume(alsamixer), otherwise I couldn't record LineIn1)

HTH,
Thor Johnson
MSI 6035 - nForce sound & video.  Untested TV-Out.
Celeron 700, too slow to watch LiveTv with decimation=1.