[mythtv] Linux DVR News

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:14:41 +0100

> Van: Mike Payson <mpayson@dawgdayz.com>
>
> I've setup a new weblog site to track the developments in the Linux DVR
> world. Not much there now, but hopefully with everyone's help we can
> build this into a great community resource. I envision hardware &
> software reviews, links to all of the various projects, version tracking
> of relevant packages, and more.
>
> Very soon (probably tomorrow), it will be accessible at
> http://www.linuxdvrnews.com, but in the meantime, you can check it out
> at http://www.runlinux.net/dvr (just waiting for the DNS to update...).

You might join efforts with other sites, IMHO:

http://www.supermegaultragroovy.com/mythbox
 - a place where you can buy working MythTV setups and off coarse get a
suggestion on how to DIY one.

http://freeplaytv.org/
 - this guy is working on intergrating DVD in MythTV (isn't it?). Could
become a 'unstable' (you get the jargon) development site?

http://www.linuxdvrnews.com/
 - global hardware info, wiki, reviews, link site. Pretty much a
newbie/user community. Not only about MythTV. And don't forget that there
are other people outside America, please.

btw, take a look at eBoxy, not a really great system, but the guy has done
lots of investigation around the net and put everything on his homepage
(yup MythTV is also mentioned ;-). If only he had put it in a less
"academic style" it would have been great.

I found out that there are plenty of other PVR (or at least video) related
OpenSource projects on the internet. A couple of them are even in a state
like MythTV (usable, but still developping).

	Henk Poley <><