[mythtv] Linux DVR News

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:46:15 +0100

> Van: Mike Payson <mpayson@dawgdayz.com>
>
> I don't intend this site to compete with anyone. Both of the other sites
> you mention are MythTV related sites. That is not what linuxdvrnews.com
> will be.  Instead, this site is intended to do just what it's name says--
> provide news on the Linux DVR movement. While I do hope to have lots of
> newbie information, it's not intended to be a newbie site. Instead, think
> of it as Slashdot, but with a much narrower focus of news on and of
> interest to the Linux DVR community. There are many projects outside of
> MythTV, and this is intended to support all of them.

Oh, sorry, just my crappy English. I was indeed thinking about a "general
interest in OpenSource PVR/DVR/HTPC" site. But I hope that
(hardware/software) FAQs and HOWTOs will fit in?

Off coarse there won't need to be competition, that exactly why I'm
conserned with this. Most of the time if more than one site discussed the
same subject there won't be done much, since one likes the feature x better
on site y. Separating the *market-share* (..cough..) between the sites will
help in unwantedly pulling users from the other sites.

	Henk Poley <><