[mythtv] WinTV GO and btaudio... no sound

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:20:16 -0500

On Saturday 21 December 2002 10:55 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> I tried btaudio a couple days ago and never got any output.
> Here's what I'm guessing is going on. Anyone, PLEASE correct
> me if this is wrong.
>
> I think the btaudio module happily loads if there is a bttv
> device present. However, it the card does not have an audio
> chip like the msp3400 then there is nothing to be read from
> the /dev/dsp* devices that the btaudio module creates.
>
> Donno if this is correct. I only know that I don't have these
> chips, I haven't gotten it to work and there's not much
> documentation on how it's supposed to work.

Yup, that's right -- and I'm fairly certain that the presence of those audio
chips isn't an indicator if btaudio's going to work, either.  If it works
right off, it's going to work, if it doesn't, there's not much you can do to
make it work.

Isaac