[mythtv] help?

John S Flowers mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:29:26 -0600

> Ya, ya. You post this link twice a day...

Check the archives. I've only posted the link a total of three times.
It's been posted by other people, but not by me.

My contribution, if it can even be called that at this early stage, is
to help people with both hardware and software setup and to provide a
thorough list of resources for building a system. I have credited every
source of information on my sight and mention MythTV on every single
page.

A big difference between the MythTV documentation and what I've put up
is that I spent the time building a system and documenting it along the
way. I also provide a kernel configuration file and a small patch to
ati_remote to get it to work with MythTV. I know it's not much, but I
am at least trying to help other people.

I'm also trying to get DVD reading and writing working. I've made that
clear, both on the sight and on this list.

If Isaac believes I am putting my name on his work, he should say
something. So far, everyone has been very helpful and encouraged me
with the work I'm doing. I was just trying to help someone out with my
post. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Come to think of it, my name isn't even listed on the freeplayTV sight.
So it's not like I'm standing in the limelight or hogging any of the
credit here.