[mythtv] help?

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 02:17:07 -0500

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 11:29:26PM -0600, John S Flowers wrote:

> I also provide a kernel configuration file and a small patch to ati_remote
> to get it to work with MythTV.

There is no need to modify the kernel driver just to remap keys.  Here are
some examples from my ~/.Xmodmap that I use with mythtv (I have the same
remote):

keycode 110 = p
keycode 176 = Escape
keycode 108 = space

By the way, on your page, you state:

> The standard Linux kernel will not display an incoming television signal.
> You need bttv, tuner and some other files.

Video4Linux has been a part of the standard Linux kernel for a long time.
The -kraxel patch that you mention is, I believe, the v4l2 patch, which is
not necessary for any of the hardware or software that I see in your
documentation.

FWIW, it is at the bottom of http://www.freeplaytv.org/

--
 - mdz