[mythtv] Compression and Gatos support

Lego Andy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:41:47 -0500

Hi Matt,

I did. And I actually found several mails from you saying that it
works for you, but no actual description on how you got it to work.

So, here is what I got so far from your mails:

1. Recording works in a window that can be off screen

2. Playing works

3. If you want to play and record, you need to use cpu for video
   scaling.

This is ok, since I use bttv for recording and it seems to be working
fine. So, this is my experience so far:

1. bttv works fine, I can record shows.. Futurama was missing first
   couple of minutes, but my friend informed me that shows tend to
   start couple of minutes earlier. I guess that could be fixed by
   setting system clock. Or maybe mythtv should always record extra
   time if two shows do not overlay.

2. When I try using AIW (gatos driver km_drv), which registers device
   /dev/video0, I get the following error(?) on console:

VIDOCGMBUF:: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Invalid argument

And then it halts. I saw similar posts on myth mailing list, but no
real related answer. So, Matt, could you please explain how you did
it. What version of gatos are you using, what version of other things,
what hacks have you done and so on.

Thank you so much.

				Andy