[mythtv] Debian unstable QT strangeness?

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 00:13:35 -0500

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 11:05:08PM -0600, Dave Caplinger wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 22:03, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > A fix has already been uploaded for unstable, and will be on the mirrors
> > tomorrow.
>
> Cool, thanks!  As it turns out I just finished building fontconfig from
> source before I got your email, which fixed the problem, but I'll be very
> happy to re-update tomorrow night and get fontconfig back under package
> management.  (I'm of the opinion that the fewer things I have to build
> from source the better on this box.)

You didn't install it from source over the packaged stuff in /usr, did you?
*groan*

> Do you know if the QMAKESPEC environment variable will now need to be
> defined manually for all of us Debian users that want to build MythTV just
> like the QTDIR one?  If so, this should probably be added to the README
> file, FAQ, etc.

I have never even heard of QMAKESPEC until now, so obviously I haven't had
to do anything with it in order to build mythtv on unstable.  What sort of
problem did you have?

--
 - mdz