[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:27:13 -0500

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 02:59:47PM +0000, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:

> There are no other messages sent to the console when giving focus to the
> drop down box with the five tv_grab_xx's in, or when going on to the

So you focused the combo box, used the left/right arrows to select
tv_grab_uk, and pressed enter?

> > For any other grabbers which have equivalents to --list-providers and
> > --list-channels, it is possible to make a GUI configuration.  For anything
> > else, the user must run tv_grab_XX --configure manually.  Note that the UI
> > does not do this for you.
>
> Another case of the CVS version not making the instructions clear ;-)
> However if this is the case, then there is still a problem in the GUI -
> because it runs the tv_grab_na rather than give instructions to run
> tv_grab_xx manually.
>
> I'll spend some time looking at running tv_grab_uk manually to see if
> this CVS version plays nicely with the rest of mythtv.

Actually, I've looked at it again, and I believe I preserved that correctly,
and it _will_ run --configure for the other grabbers.  The logic looks like
this:

        if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_na")
          // Set up through the GUI
          continue;

        cout << "mythsetup will now run " << xmltv_grabber
             << " --configure\n\n";
        sleep(1);

        QString command;

        if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_de")
            command = xmltv_grabber + " --configure";
        else
            command = xmltv_grabber + " --configure --config-file " + filename;

So, it would be very curious if it actually ended up running tv_grab_na.
Can you show me exactly what is in your videosource table?

SELECT * FROM videosource;

--
 - mdz