[mythtv] Start using Mythtv/cvs

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:11:35 -0500

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 12:22:58PM -0500, Lego Andy wrote:

> Ok, but in the instructions it does not say that you have to change
> this. The fact that mythbackend segfaults with no word about missing
> directories is a frustrating thing. Maybe setup should ask these kind
> of things?

You are running the latest development code.  There are no instructions, and
it is not a finished work.  If you want these things, run the stable
release.

The segfault likely has nothing to do with the path; there are a number of
settings on that screen which are necessary for proper operation.  The
defaults are currently not saved until you have reviewed that screen and
accepted them.  This is development code.  If things like this frustrate
you, then I recommend the latest released version.

--
 - mdz