[mythtv] Start using Mythtv/cvs

Lego Andy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:46:26 -0500

Hi Matt,

Do not agree entirely with you. Please read 16.4. It does have
instructions for using development code. I agree, it is not finished,
but is 0.7 not a development version? If that is the case, why not
whole number. I think whoever is using software like mythtv is using a
development code. Now, this does not mean the software is bad. Far
from that. I think you guys did an impressive job so far. So, please
take my comments as suggestions not as critiques.

Ok, so about segfaults, I don't know what caused them, but once I
modified directories in setup, those segfaults went away. So, just to
test this theory, I went to setup, under "Playback" and found "Live TV
buffer:" and put some bogus directory there. Now the backend crashes
again. So, the problem IS directory. Again, this is not a critique but
a bug report.

Now, I will eventually build mythtv with debug symbols so that I can
tell you exactly where it crashes, but until then you guys are on your
own.

Thank you.

		Andy