[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
28 Dec 2002 19:55:06 +0000

--=-JgPlajQKHwmYhnPIDzRB

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 17:27, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 02:59:47PM +0000, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:
>=20
> > There are no other messages sent to the console when giving focus to th=
> > drop down box with the five tv_grab_xx's in, or when going on to the
>=20
> So you focused the combo box, used the left/right arrows to select
> tv_grab_uk, and pressed enter?

Yes

> > > For any other grabbers which have equivalents to --list-providers and
> > > --list-channels, it is possible to make a GUI configuration.  For any=
thing
> > > else, the user must run tv_grab_XX --configure manually.  Note that t=
he UI
> > > does not do this for you.
> >=20
> > Another case of the CVS version not making the instructions clear ;-)
> > However if this is the case, then there is still a problem in the GUI -
> > because it runs the tv_grab_na rather than give instructions to run
> > tv_grab_xx manually.=20
> >=20
> > I'll spend some time looking at running tv_grab_uk manually to see if
> > this CVS version plays nicely with the rest of mythtv.
>=20
> Actually, I've looked at it again, and I believe I preserved that correct=
ly,
> and it _will_ run --configure for the other grabbers.  The logic looks li=
ke
> this:
>=20

I've found this code in MC/setup/main.cpp starting at line 65, however
from a bit of recompiling, that the problem appears to be somewhere
else.
It appears that xmltv_grab_na is getting called from somewhere (?), and
I'm receiving an "Internal Server Error" back from the remote provider.=20
I'm guessing that this

- Video source page,
	-> enter test as the the name
	-> hit tab to give the drop-down box focus
	-> press cursor to tv_grab_uk
	-> hit enter
  -> the console now starts tv_grab_na
	-> CTRL + C in the console to exit tv_grab_na
	-> ESCAPE to go to the next GUI screen
  -> now on the Input connectors.
	-> ESCAPE
  -> the logic below from MC/setup/main.cpp now executes, and tv_grab_uk
is called, not tv_grab_na. The message about mythfilldatabase --manual
is displayed. and all is well.

I've not managed to track down where tv_grab_na is getting called from,
but it might be nice to check if the database holds tv_grab_na before
calling the system() command.

>         if (xmltv_grabber =3D=3D "tv_grab_na")
>           // Set up through the GUI
>           continue;
>=20
>         cout << "mythsetup will now run " << xmltv_grabber=20
>              << " --configure\n\n";
>         sleep(1);
>=20
>         QString command;
>=20
>         if (xmltv_grabber =3D=3D "tv_grab_de")
>             command =3D xmltv_grabber + " --configure";
>         else
>             command =3D xmltv_grabber + " --configure --config-file " + f=
ilename;
>=20
> So, it would be very curious if it actually ended up running tv_grab_na.
> Can you show me exactly what is in your videosource table?
>=20
> SELECT * FROM videosource;

mysql> select * from videosource;
+----------+-----------------+--------------+
| sourceid | name            | xmltvgrabber |
+----------+-----------------+--------------+
|        1 | testvideosource | tv_grab_uk   |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

--=20
Regards,
Adam Allen.