[mythtv] Save Position?

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:07:15 -0800

aaron wrote:

> Hi! I'm new to this list... I've been using MythTV 0.7 for almost a month now.
>
> In all that time, I had never been able to get the "save position" feature
> (ie/ press Enter/Space during playback of a recorded program) to work. No
> matter how much I pound on Enter, it just won't save my position.
>
> Then, last night, I hit Enter by accident, and it suddenly saved my position.
> At first I thought it was related to some other problems I had been having,
> and I think I've resolved those. But, then I started watching another
> recording, and hitting Enter did not save my position.
>
> A little more fiddling leads me to believe that the feature is a little
> flaky... it now seems to save my position in a one-hour recorded program, but
> not in a three-hour recorded TV movie. It also seems to forget the saved
> position marker sometimes, so the recording starts at the beginning of the
> video...
>
> Is this normal, or is my computer just totally mental? :)

Not to worry Aaron, I saw the flaky save position in 0.7 too
and it has improved since. It will be much more reliable when
8.0 is released. The forgotten position may be that once you
restart from a saved position it removes the marker so you
must save again or the next time it will start over from the
beginning. 8.0 has an option that puts up a list of choices
when exit a recording that lets you save, don't save, continue
or delete. This save seem to work consistently.

For now, try pause then save. I seem to remember that worked
more often. Also, press space then enter but that may have
just been superstition ;-).

--  bjm