[mythtv] Start using Mythtv/cvs

Mike Payson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:47:48 -0800

On Saturday 28 December 2002 09:07 am, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 28 December 2002 11:07 am, Christian Morant wrote:
> > > 1. Better management of recorded shows. Hierarchical organization with
> > > folders would be great. That way, I could let say have all episodes of
> > > one show together.
> >
> > Maybe we should take a step back and consider we have a lot of different
> > media data (recorded shows, music, images, games, ...) and we need a
> > general browser that allows easy searching/sorting/selection/playlist
> > creation...
>
> A general browser doesn't work.  Video needs to be presented differently
> from from audio, for example.  Even video needs to be presented differently
> depending on its type -- movies would generally need to be sorted by name,
> but TV shows should be shown by recorded date, etc.

Why not allow multiple views of the same data? First, there should be a view
that shows all video (including movies), in the order it was recorded (most
recent first, just like Tivo). Second, all episodes of a show grouped
together would be very helpful. This would be even more useful when coupled
with another feature on my personal wishlist, archiving of shows to CD/DVD.
With an episode guide, all episodes, including those archived (& optionally,
those that have come up in the EPG, but have been deleted, or never recorded)
would show up. In this view, movies would show up as their own page. If an
archived show was selected, you would be prompted to insert the appropriate
media, and it would automatically begin playing the appropriate show.

--
Mike Payson  |  DawgDayz Dog Walking & Pet Sitting
(206) 280-7295 | www.dawgdayz.com | mpayson@dawgdayz.com