[mythtv] Multiple IR devices with LIRC?

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:13:24 -0800

On 29 Dec 2002 at 16:34, Chris Hessing wrote:

> I want one to recieve IR commands, and the other to transmit them.  There was
> a message posted on this board a while back that said this is possible, but it
> stopped just short of explaining how to do it.
Sorry, but the bad news is that it is NOT possible with 2 separate devices.
If the receiver and transmitter are hanging off the same serial port, you are
okay.  On different ports no joy unless you are willing to rewrite some of
the lirc code.  A response to my posting on the lirc list....

*****************************
lircd is only written to handle a single hardware remote control device.
You might work around this by reloading lircd temporarily on transmit.
Or, solder on a resistor and IR LED to the Packard Bell to add transmit
capability.  This would probably require cutting off any molded DB9
connector, adding a new DB9 connector with the extra circuit.

The drivers may also be written to assume only a single one
is loaded.

http://hpc.devchannel.org/

*****************************

> The two IR devices I have are an Actisys 200L, and an IRA (IRMan compat.). I
> have the IRA working with a remote to control the myth box, with no problems.
Similar to my setup....

> Is there any way to do this?  I would like to have the Actisys pointed right
> at the device it will control, which is why I don't want to use just one for
> both transmit and recieve....
Sadly no such luck.
--
Harondel J. Sibble