[mythtv] OT: Testing transmitter circuit

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:27:27 -0800 (PST)

sorry again for the OT subject, but this is the only place to get a fast,
reliable response!

What is the easiest way to test the home-grown transmitter circuit?  I
tried to issue the rc command but I get the following:
     # rc SEND_START RCA 5
     rc: command failed: SEND_START RCA 5
     rc: hardware does not support sending

I've compiled lirc "with transmitter diode", and the my homegrown circuit
_should_ transmit (if it's built right!).  Google searches didn't come up
with much.  Has anyone seen this before?

Jeremy