[mythtv] SB Live

Nathan Lee mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:42:06 -0700

Yay, it finally works. Thanks for all your help guys.
And, yeah the alsa drivers for the SB Live suck hard. It has like 30
things to adjust, you never know what is the right one to adjust.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net [mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]
On Behalf Of Harondel J. Sibble
Sent: October 31, 2002 10:34 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: Re: [mythtv] SB Live

On 31 Oct 2002 at 19:13, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> Actually to be honest I HATE the alsa drivers, their mixer wrt the SB
Live!
> sucks! The only decent mixer that works from my POV is the commercial
oss
> drivers using Xossmix.  They respond more like the mixer under MS
Windows. Ie
> they make sense.

Actually that brings to mind another oddity. Watching video from
composite
input (line in), when I get the mixer setup so that I am hearing audio
synced
to the video on the front channel, for whatever reason, the rear channel
will
play the live audio track, so I usually end up muting it.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting