[mythtv] channel changing on motorola DCT2000H

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 08:12:19 -0800

Anyone have a schematic for building a IR transmitter that can be used with
Shaw's Digital Cable Box, the DCT2000? I am looking at the LIRC site

http://www.lirc.org

and they have a few circuits there, just not sure which of them is the
easiest/simplest to use.  The unit does have a serial port on the back, but
in the manual it is listed as a data access port and a connection to a high
speed serial data interface for HDTV. It explicitly states one shouldn't hook

a pc up to it.

Basically what I want to do is have mythtv

http://www.mythtv.org

change the channels and record the shows of my choosing.  I know some of the
sattellite cable boxes can be controlled via the serial port, it seems this
one can't, so I am left with an IR transmitter.

Also,just curious what commercial serial port transmitters people are use
under similar circumstances, hopefully which are available locally in
Vancouver.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting