[mythtv] Recording quality

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:04:21 -0500

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 11:43:53PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> looks bad in comparison; there is a lot of pixellation and the colour looks
> washed-out.  Since both are using libavcodec, I would expect their output to
> be much more similar.

In case anyone else runs into a similar issue, the problem was eventually
solved by adjusting my v4l brightness and contrast settings.  The confusion
about comparative output quality seems to have arisen from the fact that TVs
seem to be much brighter overall, so the poor quality of the recording was
masked by the relatively dark computer CRT.

--
 - mdz